After a birthday party with a couple of sangria glasses, snacks and chocolate cake, I woke up focused on detoxify my body with a group of students and friends during the following 6 days.
From today until next Friday (06/13), we will focus on eating WHOLE FOODS, avoiding all processed and GMO food.
The No's are:
- white flour or white rice (the pasta we can eat is made of rice or quinoa);
- processed sugar (the only sweet is raw honey);
- caffeine (just three of the days, the ones with caffeine addiction, can have a glass of green tea if needed);
- Dairy (this is something that all participants said it would be very hard, so we are opening an exemption for 1 teaspoon of goat cheese every other day, but cow milk, butter, other cheeses and yogurt are NO's);
- GMO (basically we will focus on eating organic whole foods and try to search for products that have the GMO free project label);
- Alcoholic beverages (and of course cigarettes should not be permitted, but then it's up to each one to control the addiction)
My first day meal plan:
Breakfast: (15 min after a glass of water w/ one squeezed lime that is supposed to be ingested everyday):
- Protein shake (1 banana, 2 scoops of my Ruths hemp protein powder*, 2 spoons organic frozen berries, 2 cups rice milk);
- 1 slice gluten free bread with 1 cofeespoon of goat cheese
- 1 banana
* I buy it online, it has just Hemp, Maca and E3live, a probiotic. The less ingredients the better!
- 1/2 portion of my Chia pudding (1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon organic cocoa powder with maca, 1 tablespoon organic agave nectar)
- Pasta with zucchini & herbs (2 cups of spiral rice pasta to boil, 1 medium zucchini chopped and sautéed with a dash of coconut oil, chopped onions, garlic, chives and parsley. After pasta and sauce are ready, mix in the serving plate with one coffee spoon of crumbled goat cheese* and sprinkle organic turmeric).
*I shared my daily portion of goat cheese in between breakfast and lunch. Goat cheese again just on Tuesday ;)
- 4 rice crackers with hummus and a mug of herbal tea (I boiled water with pieces of ginger, then added a bag of dandelion tea and drank while eating the ginger pieces)
- A big bowl of mixed green organic salad with cherry tomatoes, black olives, chopped cucumber, shredded carrot and shredded beets. Seasoned with olive oil and lime.
Chamomile tea before sleep
Our Program started with a meeting at Whole Foods where I educated participants on how to read labels and some benefits of the food cleansing.
If you are part of the Program or have done something similar, feel free to use the creativity and share your meals with us ;)
Tip for snacks:
HOMEMADE TRAIL MIX: most of trail mixes have sugar added, and sugar is out this week. You can keep your body energized mixing pistachios, almond, hemp seeds, goji berries and Brazilian nuts. Enjoy your portion of Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants!
Research about each item and you will know all benefits for your body ;)
Keep posted! Tomorrow I'll share some more tips and my chia pudding recipe!
Eliane Carotta has been teaching Yoga for over 12 years, and in this environment, has participated on several workshops and researches to learn about how to use herbs and food as a preventive medicine.